An Improper Restriction of Communication Channel to Intended Endpoints vulnerability in the NetworkStack agent daemon (nsagentd) of Juniper Networks Junos OS Evolved allows an unauthenticated network based attacker to cause limited impact to the availability of the system.
If specific packets reach the Routing-Engine (RE) these will be processed normally even if firewall filters are in place which should have prevented this. This can lead to a limited, increased consumption of resources resulting in a Denial-of-Service (DoS), and unauthorized access.
CVE-2023-44196 is a prerequisite for this issue.
This issue affects Juniper Networks Junos OS Evolved:
* 21.3-EVO versions prior to 21.3R3-S5-EVO;
* 21.4-EVO versions prior to 21.4R3-S4-EVO;
* 22.1-EVO version 22.1R1-EVO and later;
* 22.2-EVO version 22.2R1-EVO and later;
* 22.3-EVO versions prior to 22.3R2-S2-EVO, 22.3R3-S1-EVO;
* 22.4-EVO versions prior to 22.4R3-EVO.
This issue doesn’t not affected Junos OS Evolved versions prior to 21.3R1-EVO.