An Out-of-Bounds Write vulnerability in the Routing Protocol Daemon (rpd) of Juniper Networks Junos OS and Junos OS Evolved allows an unauthenticated, network-based attacker to cause a Denial of Service (DoS).
On all Junos OS and Junos OS Evolved devices an rpd crash and restart can occur while processing BGP route updates received over an established BGP session. This specific issue is observed for BGP routes learned via a peer which is configured with a BGP import policy that has hundreds of terms matching IPv4 and/or IPv6 prefixes.
This issue affects Juniper Networks Junos OS:
* All versions prior to 20.4R3-S8;
* 21.1 version 21.1R1 and later versions;
* 21.2 versions prior to 21.2R3-S2;
* 21.3 versions prior to 21.3R3-S5;
* 21.4 versions prior to 21.4R2-S1, 21.4R3-S5.
This issue affects Juniper Networks Junos OS Evolved:
* All versions prior to 20.4R3-S8-EVO;
* 21.1-EVO version 21.1R1-EVO and later versions;
* 21.2-EVO versions prior to 21.2R3-S2-EVO;
* 21.3-EVO version 21.3R1-EVO and later versions;
* 21.4-EVO versions prior to 21.4R2-S1-EVO, 21.4R3-S5-EVO.