An Improper Check for Unusual or Exceptional Conditions vulnerability in the Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) of Juniper Networks Junos OS on MX Series allows a network-based, unauthenticated attacker to cause a Denial of Service (DoS).
On Junos MX Series platforms with Precision Time Protocol (PTP) configured, a prolonged routing protocol churn can lead to an FPC crash and restart.
This issue affects Juniper Networks Junos OS on MX Series:
* All versions prior to 20.4R3-S4;
* 21.1 version 21.1R1 and later versions;
* 21.2 versions prior to 21.2R3-S2;
* 21.3 versions prior to 21.3R3-S5;
* 21.4 versions prior to 21.4R3;
* 22.1 versions prior to 22.1R3;
* 22.2 versions prior to 22.2R1-S1, 22.2R2.